Each complete kit includes one equipment kit, one recipe pack of your choice, and 12 swing-top bottles.
The brewing equipment is all re-usable so you can brew again… and again! Each batch makes 12 x 330ml bottles of fresh and delicious craft beer.
Meet ‘Fermo’ our perfect container for brewing your small-batch all-grain beer. He is made of high quality food-grade plastic so is of course BPA-free. The best thing about Fermo is that he blocks light from ruining your fermenting beer. He also has a nice wide top so you don’t need to fiddle about with funnels. The best part is that he is super easy to clean. You’ll soon see why he is so much better than those clear glass demi-johns you get with other brewing systems.
Another very special character in the HomeBrewtique brewing process is our gorgeous brew-bag. She is made from a fine mesh voile which acts as a big tea-bag when you are making your brew. She eliminates the need for any sparging (rinsing) or slow filtering steps – making your brew day much easier and faster!
- Fermo blocks light from your beer – no need to cover him up!
- Fermo is out-fitted with a dispensing tap, meaning you can bottle directly from your fermenter – no transferring needed!
- The bottling wand keeps you from oxygenating your beer when you bottle and is much easier than using tubing to siphon like other systems out there.
- Our brew-bag makes everything easier. She is re-usable and has an easy elasticated top to fit over your pot rim while brewing.
*You will need a large pot to make your beer – we recommend a 10L pot (which we sell individually) as our recipes are intended for use with a minimum of 9L capacity. You can select to add our quality stainless steel heavy-based pot into your homebrew starter kit or source your own.*
A beer is only as good as its ingredients. If you’re going to spend the time to craft your own bespoke beer, it makes sense to start with the very best equipment and ingredients.
That’s why the kit comes with a recipe pack of the finest grains, all freshly milled by us just before shipping. We use top quality hops from around the world compressed into pellet form for easy handling and less liquid absorption. We then vacuum seal it all to ensure you receive the freshest possible ingredients.
The yeast we use in our recipe packs is a more important component of your beer than many people realise – it’s what really makes your beer! Different strains of yeast also contribute different flavours to a batch of beer. Our yeast is sourced from a special craft-beer yeast developer. Their range of premium dried yeast has been specifically designed for craft beer styles; ensuring consistent and flavourful results with every brew.
Our homebrew complete starter kit allows you to pick any of our recipes from the drop down box at the top. Check them out in more detail on our individual recipe pack pages or see the descriptions of each beer below:
- Power Of One – Single Hop IPA, 5.7%, using Galaxy hops – it is truly out of this world with its balanced passionfruit and citrus flavours.
- Hoppilicious – Multi-Hop IPA , 5.7%, a blend of 6 hop varieties creating a powerful hop aroma punch but one that leaves your mouth happy – not too bitter a finish like some IPAs.
- OZ – The great and powerful Imperial IPA. 8.0% strong beer with a blend of 4 hop varieties.
- Blighty’s Best – Best Bitter, 4.4%. A truly classic beer highlighting the British Noble Hops.
- Star Spangled – American Pale Ale, 5.3%. A slightly hoppier pale ale than an English bitter but not as hoppy as an IPA. Uses magnum, perle and cascade hops.
- Bronzed Beauty – american brown ale, 5.0% Another classic turned on its head with a fruitier hop finish than the classic nutbrown ales of the past.
- Southpaw – sweet milk stout, 4.7%. A rich and smooth stout which uses milk sugars for a touch of added sweetness.
- California Steamin’ – California Common, 4.8%. A nice amber ale with spicy / woodsy hop flavours inspired by Anchor Steam ale.
- Seagal – Irish Red Ale, 5.0%. A smooth ale with the classic rye sweetness balanced by the late hop additions adding modern american hop freshness.
Our starter set includes a 12-pack of our 330ml swing-top bottles.
No capper is needed for these sleek swing-top bottles – that means one fewer step for you! It is all about efficiency. Why brown? Because while there are prettier colours out there, brown (or amber as we prefer to call it) is the best colour to protect your beers from the harming rays of sunlight (beer’s ultimate enemy).
- Amber bottles block light from ruining your aroma and oxidizing your beer
- Re-useable caps mean less ‘stuff’ kicking around
- No special capping (or opening) equipment needed, just flip it and you’re done!