This brewing kit makes a great starter gift – providing the specialist brewing equipment and choice of one of our premium craft beer recipe packs. The brewer will need a large pot to make their beer and about 2 weeks later will need to have 12 brown 330ml bottles or 6 brown pint bottles (can be recycled or purchased separately.)
Meet ‘Fermo’ our perfect container for brewing your small-batch all-grain beer. He is made of high quality food-grade plastic so is of course BPA-free. The best thing about Fermo is that he blocks light from ruining your fermenting beer. He also has a nice wide top so you don’t need to fiddle about with funnels. And as a bonsu, he is super easy to clean. You’ll soon see why he is so much better than those clear glass demi-johns you get with other brewing systems.
Another very special character in the HomeBrewtique unique brewing process is our gorgeous brew-bag. She is made from a fine mesh voile which acts as a big tea-bag when you are making your brew. She eliminates the need for any sparging (rinsing) or slow filtering steps – making your brew day much easier and faster!
- Fermo blocks light from your beer – no need to cover him up!
- Fermo is out-fitted with a dispensing tap, meaning you can bottle directly from your fermenter – no transferring needed!
- The bottling wand keeps you from oxygenating your beer when you bottle and is much easier than using tubing to siphon like other systems out there.
- Our sexy brew-bag makes everything easier. She is re-usable and has an easy elasticated top to fit over your pot rim while brewing.
*You will need a large pot to make your beer – our recipes are intended for use with a minimum of 9L capacity. Please see our ultimate starter kit if you need a pot and/or bottles. Also sold individually.*
A beer is only as good as its ingredients. If you’re going to spend the time to craft your own bespoke beer, it makes sense to start with the very best.
That’s why this recipe pack has the finest grains, all freshly milled by us just before shipping. We use top quality hops from around the world compressed into pellet form for easy handling and less liquid absorption. We then vacuum seal it all to ensure you receive the freshest possible ingredients.
Yeast is a more important component of your beer than many people realise. The yeast is really what makes your beer. Different strains of yeast also contribute different flavours to a batch of beer. Our yeast is sourced from a special craft-beer yeast developer. Their range of premium dried yeast has been specifically designed for craft beer styles; ensuring consistent and flavourful results with every brew.
Our starter kit allows you to pick any of our recipes from the drop down box at the top. Check them out in more detail on our individual recipe pack pages or see the descriptions of each beer below:
- Power Of One – Single Hop IPA, 5.7%, using Galaxy hops – it is truly out of this world with its balanced passionfruit and citrus flavours.
- Hoppilicious – Multi-Hop IPA , 5.7%, a blend of 6 hop varieties creating a powerful hop aroma punch but one that leaves your mouth happy – not too bitter a finish like some IPAs.
- OZ – The great and powerful Imperial IPA. 8.1% strong beer with a blend of 4 hop varieties.
- Kozzie – Australian Pale Ale, 4.8%. A bright and cheerful beer with herbal and grapefruit notes.
- Blighty’s Best – Best Bitter, 4.7%. A truly classic beer highlighting the British Noble Hops.
- Star Spangled – American Pale Ale, 5.3%. A slightly hoppier pale ale than an English bitter but not as hoppy as an IPA. Uses magnum, perle and cascade hops.
- Bronzed Beauty – American Brown Ale, 5.0%. A modern take on the classic brown ale with some floral brightness from American Hops in the otherwise smooth brown ale
- Southpaw – sweet milk stout, 5.8%. A rich and smooth stout which uses milk sugars for a touch of added sweetness.
- California Steamin’ – California Common, 4.8%. A nice amber ale with spicy / woodsy hop flavours inspired by Anchor Steam ale.
- Seagal – Irish Red Rye Ale, 5.0%. A sweet and spicy rye ale brightened with the 5 different hop additions and a dry hop on day 7.