Home Brewing Starter Kit
This brewing kit is perfect for the new beer brewer – providing the specialist homebrewing equipment and choice of one of our premium craft beer recipe ingredient packs. The brewer will need a large pot to make their beer and about 2 weeks later will need to have 12 brown 330ml bottles or 6 brown pint bottles (can be recycled or purchased separately.)
Meet ‘Fermo’ our perfect container for brewing your small-batch all-grain beer. He is made of high-quality food-grade plastic so is of course BPA-free. The best thing about Fermo is that he blocks light from ruining your fermenting beer. He also has a nice wide top so you don’t need to fiddle about with funnels. And as a bonus, he is super easy to clean. You’ll soon see why he is so much better than those clear glass demi-johns you get with other brewing systems.
Another very special character in the HomeBrewtique unique brewing process is our gorgeous brew-bag. She is made from a fine mesh voile which acts as a big tea-bag when you are making your brew. She eliminates the need for any sparging (rinsing) or slow filtering steps – making your brew day much easier and faster!
- Fermo blocks light from your beer – no need to cover him up!
- Fermo is outfitted with a dispensing tap, meaning you can bottle directly from your fermenter – no transferring needed!
- The bottling wand keeps you from oxygenating your beer when you bottle and is much easier than using tubing to siphon like other systems out there.
- Our dial probe thermometer with a handy pot clip makes it easy to quickly monitor your brewing temperatures – and anything else you cook.
- Our sexy brew-bag makes everything easier. She is re-usable and has an easy elasticated top to fit over your pot rim while brewing.
*You will need a large pot to make your beer – our recipes are intended for use with a minimum of 9L capacity. Please see our ultimate starter kit if you need a pot and/or bottles. Also sold individually.*
A beer is only as good as its ingredients. If you’re going to spend the time to craft your own bespoke beer, it makes sense to start with the very best.
That’s why this recipe pack has the finest grains, all freshly milled by us just before shipping. We use top quality hops from around the world compressed into pellet form for easy handling and less liquid absorption. We then vacuum seal it all to ensure you receive the freshest possible ingredients.
Yeast is a more important component of your beer than many people realise. The yeast is really what makes your beer. Different strains of yeast also contribute different flavours to a batch of beer. Our yeast is sourced from a special craft-beer yeast developer. Their range of premium dried yeast has been specifically designed for craft beer styles; ensuring consistent and flavourful results with every brew.
Our starter kit allows you to pick any of our recipes from the drop-down box at the top. Check them out in more detail on our individual recipe pack pages or see the descriptions of each beer below:
- Single Hop IPA, 6.0%, using Mosaic hops – it is truly out of this world with its balanced passionfruit and citrus flavours.
- Multi Hop IPA, 5.7%, a blend of 6 hop varieties creating a powerful hop aroma punch but one that leaves your mouth happy – not too bitter a finish like some IPAs.
- Imperial IPA, 8.0%, a powerful Imperial IPA. 8.0% strong beer with a blend of 4 hop varieties.
- Australian Pale Ale, 4.8%, A lighter ale with grassy notes and a bite of grapefruit
- Best Bitter, 4.4%. A truly classic beer highlighting the British Noble Hops.
- American Pale Ale, 5.3%. A slightly hoppier pale ale than an English bitter but not as hoppy as an IPA. Uses Magnum, Perle and Cascade hops.
- American Brown Ale, 5.0%, A nutty amber ale with hints of stone fruits
- Sweet Milk Stout, 4.7%. A rich and smooth stout which uses milk sugars for a touch of added sweetness.
- White Ale, 5.0% A golden ale with a lighter body but a rich complexity from the orange peel and coriander seeds added during the brew.
- California Common, 4.8%. A nice amber ale with spicy / woodsy hop flavours inspired by Anchor Steam ale.
- Irish Red Ale, 5.0%. A smooth ale with the classic rye sweetness balanced by the late hop additions adding modern american hop freshness.